Friday, August 20, 2010

Get Fresh Campaign - Pt. 1

Random Person: Sir, I love your shirt it’s really nice
Me: *Frazzled and in a complete daze* Thank you, Thank you very much. I really appreciate it

...Yep, you guessed it, that’s it, that’s all that happened *confused face*. I said nothing in repsonse but thank you. Can you believe that? Me? Said NOTHING? Weird?


So many things could have stemmed from that compliment but since I was caught off guard and completely shocked, I missed the opportunity. Did I just allowed this moment to past me? I think I did *guess you can’t live in the moment forever...so I didn’t*. Don't get me wrong, it's not that it took that compliment to make me realized this jag saint joi is dope; it took my inability at that moment to sell facts to a complete stranger, a stranger that was obviously digging by my designs *drops head*Ok, that was random *it was a soft spot*, lol, but back to jag saint joi. Do you remember the floral shorts I posted in “Sniff sniff, Ahhh...I smell Fresh"? Well, after I finished those floral shorts, I started a new piece. I told myself I would take my time with this piece, no games! It has to dope...this has to be another classic peice!


Remember the second piece of fabric that I purchased from "For the love of Fabric" post? This fabric is the same crazy upholstery fabric, something not meant to be worn on a human’s body, lol. I laid the pattern out and unrolled the fabric...

A.O. (Lil Bro): Man, this is crazy how you’re creating something from this.
Me: From what?
A.O.: Nothing, a flat piece of fabric!
Me: *Laughs and continues to cut...can’t let spectators mess up the flow, lol*

I’m on a roll and the way this fabric is laid out I didn’t have enough fabric to finish off the top of my sleeve *blood is boiling*.

Me: Bro what should I do, i'm out of fabric
A.O.: I don’t know
Me: Oh, Oh...I’ll use the denim I copped from "Ring around my collar" post
A.O.: Yea, that’ll be dope (You have to remember he’s the King of Cool)
I continue to cut and the creative juices are flowing. I decided that I would make a jacket; despite the color combination I will wear it this fall and spring. The idea I had in my head was an ummmm, a mid-thigh length safari jacket, some sick hardware and collar, leather trimming with a waistband drawstring. Oh my goodnesss!!! This will be insane. *how do I could up with this stuff, I have NO clue but I do, lol*. I begin to cut out the fabric...ok, ok; scissors to fabric, there’s no turning back now.

No comments:

Post a Comment