Thursday, August 19, 2010

For the love of Fabric...

Please forgive me...crazy week and weekend. Traveling for work, lil bro was in-town and he was able to witness greatness from jag saint joi first-hand and I must say he came to my town and showed me around, lol. Thanks Bro! But, crazy things popped of this week (end), something that I could not even make up if I wanted to. Funny how word-of-mouth is still the greatest form of marketing.

Well, I’m convinced this is what I was cut out to do, you know...sewing, creating and designing. When I can go into a fabric store because I’m bored and leave with an unconventional fabric, a fabric that was woven for something totally different than the purpose I used it for...that’s when you become a designer: improvise. It baffles me to this day that this innate talent was suppressed for 20+ years, it’s all good because I’m a firm believer that nothing is given to you before your time or even before your mental capacity has the ability to accept and appreciate it. And with that said...






The same day I bought the fabric for my floral shorts, I kinda didn’t tell the whole story *shy’s away*. I bought more fabric! I purposely kept this a secret but I KNEW it was going to turn out to be something incredible*Safe to say...it is*. So I pulled my camera out to take a picture and mistakenly started to record. EUREKA!!!! *It’s time to switch the blog up. Try something new, step into 2010*


So over the next few days I will sporadically post pictures and videos of the piece I’m working on as a mini-series to display creation and concept of making a dope garment. I am going to let you sit on pins and needles for a day as I breakdown this epic season in a series of dopeness...trust, grab some popcorn *stand up kettle corn lovers* this right here is the making of

...jag saint joi...I’m so sincere about this I get cold chills in 100 degree weather.

2 comments:

  1. "I’m a firm believer that nothing is given to you before your time or even before your mental capacity has the ability to accept and appreciate it." DEEEEEPP.

    As a reader/viewer, Im waiting for that moment....that 'Nzimiro moment'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the fuel to my fire my friend! I respect the fact that you get jag saint joi...let's me know I'm doing something right! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete