Monday, August 23, 2010

Construction Zone...Men at Work


Halfway there! Are you guys still with me? This is when the story really begins. This is when I began messing up and things start to get dicey. Blood is boiling and frustration is peaking. I don’t even think words on paper *or screen* can even explain how mad I am at this point. Why is this NOT coming out right? Why does this look like trash? I don’t even care anymore, lol *baby temper-tantrum, you know how you tell yourself you don’t care but in actuality you are maaaaadddd), well yea I was mad, lol!
This is day 2 and I needed to finish this! I must finish this. Well, nope, not happening! Clearly my sewing machine had it out for me, it was not cooperating nor was my idea coming to fruition. I had spent days and probably wasted a roll of thread on nothing. I had nothing to show but a pinned up garment, a garment that wasn’t even dope (at the time). It was so standard, lol, I give up; I need to just start over.

...WHAT!!!! Quit and start from scratch, umm no! Sometimes you have to make the “best” out of a bad situation. So I did just that! I made the “best” jacket I’ve probably ever made out of a poorly constructed garment. My motivation is sometimes stemmed from my will to be meticulous, prideful and a perfectionist. “I know I can do this, I had a vision and if I don’t complete it - it would have forever been a failed mission.” So, now I have to finish what I sought out to do.

The previous weekend I met a very dope guy by the name of Tafiq...dope guy! He said dude, “designing is problem solving and when you have solved the consumers problem you have design!” *screwed up face with confusion written all over it* that is just silly! Ok, this blog is done, that statement alone is something that should carry you through next week. Catch me tomorrow, I’m done, no really, I’m done. jag saint joi...making of a lifestyle. *drops mic and walks away*

1 comment: