Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I'll take two of those...

Ok, I'm done making you wait...Ok ok, just get off me, GET OFF Me. I'll show you...dang! Relax *lol*



Actually, I was done about a week ago, sorry it took so long to post the blog. Sometimes coming up with a blog can be difficult when your mind is everywhere...nonetheless, it's here! I took so long because I love being in control of anticipation. Shhh, but the truth is...I love you guys company, I really do, you should come more often.

But anyhow, you know how I always say that I never know what I want to create, but I always have a vision. I initially planned on using wooden buttons, *toggle buttons* for this jacket. I was looking to do something unethical, out of the ordinary maybe a long trench with a nautical feel, something high-end; jag saint joi'ish. Although that "vision" didn't necessarily happen the way I intended, something even better came of it. In the process of heading to the city to run some errands I walked pass this zipper store in the fashion district, so I went in to entertain the curiosity *curiousity killed the cat but I'm a beast so I had no worries*. I must say this is the part of creating that I love the most; being able to walk into a store unwarranted and picking up hardware and accessories that can change the entire dynamic of a garment: bliss! I appreciate the craft to the fullest to say the least.

Well, back to the story. I stopped into the store with no idea what to get *well I had an inkling* but not that much of an inkling. I was in here lost, but through it all I looked up and found myself focused on...zippers, huh, zippers? No, I want buttons...wooden buttons. Soooo, I grabbed a red zipper, a drawstring for the hoodie (oops, I think I just spoiled it)...and the rest is pretty much history.

So, what do you think? You like? Because I LOVE IT! Don't lie to yourself...this jacket is DOPE and I made sure of it.

Its jag saint joi...making of a lifestyle, it’s soo difficult to suppress this passion to create a style that is essential for breath. I guess I try to articulate a lifestyle for everybody but I am coming to realize that...It ain't for everybody!


OK....I will post the rest of the pics tomorrow. There's more details because the details are ALWAYS in the garment...did you think that was it? Silly kid, this is what I was destined to do.

5 comments:

  1. Very Dope Jacket. What's the price point my broda?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Apuje...I'm working on that and will keep you updated. In the meantime we need to talk my broda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aye Man... When I see these pieces from start to finish and read these entries I put it on everything I hear string music playin' in background yo. Jacket is SUPA OFFICIAL!

    tha kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, we definitely need to connect. Shoot me an email with your info to apuje@apujekalu.com

    ReplyDelete