Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sniff sniff, ahhh...FRESH

...Sometimes you gotta stop and smell the roses. I did, but this time I decided to wear them. Yep, I said it! I wore them. I challenged myself last week, time was my opponent. The challenge was to time myself on how fast I could finish a piece, a dope piece. I put so much time into my pieces that I’ve never timed myself. I had a 3-4 hour window to sew something to wear for a rooftop party I had to go to on Friday. *yea, I know I’m fancy huh, lol*


Well, I got caught up in the store; fabric store that is...to the point where I was looking for fabric in the upholstery section of the joint *who shops there but grandma’s looking to re-upholster their chairs*
I was lost like an American tourist in Brazil during carnival: travesty. But during my impromptu detour in the wrong section of the fabric store, my creative 6th sense kicked in...I immediately stepped back, dropped my head in deep thought, envisioned and BOOM, I grab a canvas piece of fabric; “Excuse me ma’am can I have 2 yards of this, thanks”.
She looks at me and asks “why are you so excited?”
I responded, “Give me 3 reasons not to be happy and I’ll buy all the fabric you have in this store.” She laughed and cut my 2 yards...

As I’m leaving the store she yells,” I want to see what you make out of it and she laughs!” And me being me, I laughed, looked back, pointed at her laptop and said goggle me and I’ll show you everyone else who’s wearing it...

I get home and the heat is on, I started cutting my fabric at 3pm and at 6:23pm I was ironing my floral print shorts with leather trim, took a pic, hopped in the shower on the 25th hour and made it to the rooftop party. Trekked all the way there just so the guy at the door could tell me...”sir at 9pm we have a strict dress code and I will have to ask you to leave at that time.” I said, "that’s fine!"
Safe to say, in NY dress codes don’t apply when dopeness is the standard, I left the party at my will at 12am.

Jag saint joi...join the movement or watch me move!


2 comments:

  1. i have searched around hopelessly looking for "that" garment to match whatever vision i had for the moment,while on my own personal quest to stay fly. how fortunate are you that you can make whatever comes to mind. those shorts are fly...but i probably didn't have to tell you that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um you are ridiculously dope. why didn't you tell me?

    ReplyDelete