Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Parallel Universe...

It’s too often that I hop the train to the city when I go on excursions and embark on different ventures; aimlessly walking through the city. I’m mostly trekking to fabric stores, an event or what I like to call “randomium”. But during the train ride it's like I immediately put myself in someone else’s shoes or even back in my own; sort of like an out-of-body experience: surreal. During these train rides I feel like I’m completely out of control of what happens between my pick up and drop off location. I start as a blank canvas, go through this tunnel, an underground world where nothing is seen but yet and still I look out the window...thinking, wondering, meditating about what...what could be or what WILL be. Am I the only one that does that...looks out the window and wonders? *Maybe so, but you’re not cooler than me. I take that back we’re all cool in our own way, I just think my cool is slightly cooler, lol*
This ride feels like a parallel universe! I LOVE and wish I could experience this daily because when I’m in this underground world, creativity re-invents itself and the left side of the brain kicks into gear like adrenaline before a foot race, big speech or what about when the girl/guy next door that everybody likes actually acknowledges your presence: optimism.

It’s actually soothing knowing that for once I don’t have to think for someone else, think if the driver next to me will hop lanes, I can blur out the background noise and close my eyes without repercussions. I enjoy the sounds of people, experiencing their fashion choices, like a conglomerate of ideas...overjoy at its finest.

By the time I’ve reach my stop, I’ve reached a capacity that requires a camera to envision and capture the essence of this underground world, this parallel universe I’ve created on this full canvas that was blank at the start: collage...the making of a lifestyle...jag saint joi. It ain't for everybody.

Oh, after the excursion...I went to the fabric store. One word: Suede!

1 comment:

  1. Great use of your imagination. Love the pictures...so...so...real. This is serious! LOVE it! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete