Monday, July 26, 2010

Ring around my collar...

Lol, yo the shirt is CRAZY! I can see the finish line and its leather *shocked face*. So, I told you that I love anticipation but only when I’m in control, of course, lol. I could not hold out any longer I had to show the shirt and I’m about 95% done. It’s classic and timeless definitely going in the jag saint joi archive. I will say out of all of my pieces that I’ve sewn I’m really proud of this one. Solely because it’s a milestone for me. Taking a hiatus from sewing and not even looking at my machine for months, then coming back to and sewing such a difficult piece. Sewing leather is confirmation that I am designed for this. I create, design and deliver promises son! Pieces that make me (and you) feel good about actually using my God-given talents...this is what I love to do and I will only to get better in time.
I was able to see further than the giant when I was standing on his “shoulder”. But please don’t get me wrong, it was very difficult but I pushed through it and I think I delivered. Well actually, I know I delivered; I’m not even going to sell myself short. I DIG IT!! When you see me out with it on, act like you don’t know me because I’m telling you now and on THIS day, today, lol...I WILL act like I don’t know you, lol, because the shirt is just that dope!
I say I’m 95% done because I initially had this vision for plastics buttons, you know something simple and classic, nothing to overt. As I’m rummaging through my button stash looking for a clear plastic button, a leather button oh so conveniently pops up *I almost went nuts at 2am in the morning when I saw that button, I was so geeked*. The button matched the trimming and accents so well, I stop production for this introduction into a world of freshness. It was an induction ceremony for that button, lol. I literally sat there for 10 mins beyond ecstatic but yet sooo mad because I only had one...the woooorst! I was livid but with a smile on my face *you know, like when it’s your surprise birthday party and your mom invited Jimmy, knowing good and well you HATE this kid and she got the side eye* yea, I was that kinda of livid but with a smile. And the results are in...
But, I really love detail, not too much but just enough to prove a point and to subtly request attention with NO words...I deliver? Maybe not? Nah, you’re lying, I know I did. *Don’t even know why I asked that question*. I'm so focused, blurring out the background, got tunnel vision right now, Ugh, it's nasty. I LOVE THIS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment