Sunday, July 25, 2010

My happy place...

Please fabric store don’t hate me because I was the last to leave...

So, of course on my way to the fabric store my mind was racing since it had been a month or so since the last time I had actually sewn or created anything. With the adrenaline from the photoshoot, it didn’t help the anticipation; I was R-E-A-D-Y to give you guys what you've been waiting for. Fire! No actually, ‘Fiyah’. Typically when I go to a fabric store I go with no real intention except for letting my “juices” flow. I never know what to create nor do I go with a concept in mind...I just show up, champion style...in it to win it! Yep Yep! *I usually win. Hey, I’m not being arrogant it’s me feeding positivity into my universe...don’t judge me.*

When I get there I people watch, imagine what could be, find one dope piece of fabric and build off that. I’m usually in this crazy zone where I spend hours on in - in the store. So much that random people ALWAYS ask me questions because they think I work there. I know half the staff, so I think a discount is in order *please someone from the fabric store read this blog, I promise I will do right by your fabric*. I spend so much time there because I wish I could buy the entire role of fabric just for the jag saint joi archives. But if you know jag saint joi; it’s a classic line, aiming towards timeless pieces that your kids will be able to wear in 2056. That’s how classic I strive to be. I love this, I love classic items! I zone in on material, fabric, detail, cuts and patterns...because “NOW” last forever. Today will always envy tomorrow’s hope, so jag saint joi strives to be timeless...forever relevant!




But back to my fabric store excursion *I have got to get better at staying on task*, I spent an immense amount of time in the leather section at the fabric store. I have been dying to put leather to work but the bad thing is...I’ve never sewn leather before and I know it’s a monster to do. But there’s nothing that jag saint joi can’t do: nothing, I tell ya. They say a midget standing on the shoulder of a giant can see further than the giant. Well, I politely tapped the “apprehension of sewing leather” on the shoulder (“apprehension” is the shoulder of the giant for those of you that can’t keep up, lol), it turn around and looked me in the eye and I climbed up and stood on the “giants” shoulders. I can now say I have successfully sewn a leather piece…well not exactly; I’m sewing it as we speak. It’s a mix blend of *****? I actually can’t tell you. I think I can show you better than I can tell you. I told yall I love anticipation...especially when I’m the one in control, lol. I will say this is one of the doper pieces that jag saint joi has created...I pinky swear, stick a needle in my eye.

...I’ll stop teasing and show you the dopeness that ensued. Can’t wait til the fall to rock it, this WILL be part of the collection, definitely, so put in your bid and tell me your shirt size...Oh wait, what you say? “So, I’m fancy, huh”? *smiles* Yeaaa I am, so send me your dimensions, we make to order in these parts!


No comments:

Post a Comment