Sunday, July 25, 2010

Trying to stay FOCUSED...



...all while blurring out the “background”. Motivation my friend, is back, and it feels so good! This week has been a very historic week for a number of reasons. The number one reason was conceived when I was at a photoshoot, shooting one of my bestfriends pictures. I didn’t create any of the pieces, I know, silly me right?!?! But the next shoot...all me! And this is where the story began...

As Elton (the new homie) is shooting her and she’s changing into different pieces I’m thinking to myself, “there’s no reason why she shouldn’t be changing into jag saint joi for this shoot”. Like don’t get me wrong, sis was dope, but not jag saint joi dope, now that’s another level of dopeness, that only a few have witnessed firsthand. I know I can be a little stingy at first, but for some reason I'm addicted to exclusivity, ahh, go figure!

But then I experienced a “moment of clarity”...as Elton is shooting, Bria is styling, fixing hair and make-up, my lovely TP (she’s just dope) set up the wardrobe something sick, did the hair and styled as well. I’m just sitting there in a zone, measuring things up and BOOM in that moment, I heard nothing...no talking, no pictures being flicked, no direction from Elton, no cars, no background noise, no nothing...all I heard was success and the essence of silence for a focused mind to mosey and my friend, my mind did just that, I focused. The vision became so transparent and the motivation started churning like "The little Engine that could".

I got that feeling you get when you know that even in your worst, you’re still the best, the best that will EVER do it...a champion! And in that “moment of clarity” I was focused, so focused, that everything in the “background” was a blur. Do you understand that? Re-read that, matter of fact I’ll repeat it, “and that “moment of clarity” I was so focused that everything in the “background” was a blur”

Chew on that, because it’s so much deeper than you think...if you’re new to this blog, I’ll give you a hint. The background isn’t only noise; unwanted things and people can be the “background” in your everyday life. So despite the distortion, stay focused!

The day after the shoot...I went to the fabric store. Ahahahaha!! I laugh because when you see what I'm creating, you will become focused. On jagsaintjoi, it ain't for everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment