Monday, September 13, 2010

Humble Beginnings...



Through the last few weeks I have been a zombie. It seems like the days have gotten shorter and the nights even shorter. No one ever told me success and fulfilling a dream took a great amount of sacrifice. I know this all sounds like a "duh" moment but living in that moment is a lot different from reading it. I'm learning despite the level of talent and passion you have for a dream, hard work pays off only when hard work is put in to pay off not working so hard. And with that said, when I asked this question, I laughed, sat up in my chair at full attention and said, "excuse me while I tell you a secret..."

Why does the world need another Fashion Designer?

The underlying question here is why doesn’t the world need another fashion designer? I believe you know how it feels when you have a burning desire for life that gives you a better reason to wake up than the sun.

Every day is a fortune given, where I am afforded the chance to explore the possibilities within fashion. Not too long ago I found the biggest possibility there is, and realized that I could distinctively inspire others through a world of fabrics, measurements and styles. The world needs another designer because I am on a mission of creative expression with hand-sewn garments that tailor a lifestyle.I don’t know how, but sewing and creating is an innate skill; finding this skill compromised doubt and solidified optimism in my future. That same optimism breathes character into every garment and energizes an inner resilience to stand against inhibition.

My clothing is designed for a unique purpose that allows participation in what I love to categorize as an “Evolution of Confidence;” incorporating a desire through a mixture of fabrics that creates an immaculate piece and tells a story.

I believe that passion needs no validation to be relevant, and for that very reason I am determined to create this brand, this confidence, this lifestyle; that will be a unique vessel, expressing persona through visual interpretation. This is why the world needs another me; a fashion designer of lifestyle.

1 comment:

  1. Intimate, open and honest. Great post my broda. I'm steadily becoming a fan of your work and your blog.

    ReplyDelete