Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Creative creator...

"Is this really happening", I exclaimed while opening the door to leave the shop. She crossed my path, looked me in the eye, and as a complete stranger, she smiled and said, “Yes, it's happening.” With no idea as to what I was referring too, but she felt my energy and was compelled to supply the confirmation and tell me, "Yes, it's actually happening."

...and at the moment confirmation exemplified it's meaning so validly that it became an emotion. I was left with a smile on my face. It was one of the best and most genuine feelings that I have felt in a while.

The feeling rooted from a 3 hr meeting I had to discuss the merchandising plan for Jag Saint Joi. "Yo, this is a movement and Jag Saint Joi needs to move in the movement, we have the resources. You got it, so give it! The greatest gifts in life aren't the gifts you receive but the gifts you give. Sew seeds bro, literally." *When I heard this come out of his mouth, at this point I was lost for words*
Through the meeting and random conversations at one point he asked, "What's your inspiration?"

Ummm, my inspiration comes from everywhere. I think it's safe to say most of it comes from people, their personalities and way of life.

Well you mentioned your dad and the way he dresses. *In total confusion* I responded, "I think he dresses weird, because he is so structured but yet so unconventional...he is always dressed up but with no where to go, everyday!

He replied, "So you’re telling me he dresses identical to "your guy", the same guy whose lifestyle you want the Jag Saint Joi guy to represent, *but of course with somewhere to go*?" *Caught red handed*

Was my inspiration in front of me for the last 20+ yrs and I never embraced it? Did this guy just decipher the code I had been diligently seeking for years?

*Tilts head and looks up* I think the man that created the man that created me, just created a creative monster that will create creative creations just because the creator created me and allowed me to create this creative creation called Jag Saint Joi. So unconventional... read it again, and again...and again and I promise you'll process it. If not please inquire within *drops mic and walks away*. Watch me fly with no wings.

2 comments:

  1. YOU ALWAYS BEEN BEYOND A SMART GUY..YOU & FASHION DONT SURPRISE ME.... YOU DOING BIG THINGS DONT SUPRISE ME ONE BIT EITHER.... YOUR PASSION... YOUR DRIVE....LOST FOR WORDS SMH.... IM HAPPY FOR YOU AND PROUD OF YOU.... TEARS..MANY MORE BLESSING STR8 FROM MY HEART TO YOURS... YOUR ARE ««GREAT»»

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete